Restriction of Hazardous Substances (Recast)Current Issues | Legislation | Projects | Services | Training| Publications | Presentations
New categories medical devices, monitoring an dcontrol instruments, and all other equipment that is not covered by current categories or explicitly excluded.
- Small household appliances.
- IT and telecommunications equipment.
- Consumer equipment.
- Lighting equipment.
- Electrical and electronic tools.
- Toys, leisure and sports equipment.
- Medical devices.
- Monitoring and control instruments including industrial monitoring and control instruments.
- Automatic dispensers.
- Other EEE not covered by any of the categories above.
- Military equipment
- Space equipment
- Equipment designed to form part of other equipment not within scope
- Large scale industrial tools (LSIT)
- Large scale fixed installations
- Means of transport
- Non-road mobile machinery
- Active implantable medical devices
- Photovoltaic panels
- Equipment for R&D only available business to business
No changes in current materials
|Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB)||0.1%|
|Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE)||0.1%|
Dates for Compliance
- July 22, 2014 – Medical devices and monitoring and control instruments
- July 22, 2016 – In-Vitro diagnostic medical devices
- July 22, 2017 – Industrial monitoring and control instruments
- July 22, 2019 – Other EEE brought into scope and not falling within the above